Aquatic Therapy takes advantage of the water’s unique properties of buoyancy, hydro-static pressure, viscosity and flow to create increased therapy opportunities. Water provides both a supportive and resistive environment that when used appropriately aides in reducing pain, spasm and swelling. Aquatic therapy is an effective and safe means for performing strengthening, functional and sports-specific activities.
Complete physical therapy protocols and policies have been developed for the Michael Phelps Signature Swim Spa series.
Outcomes and benefits of aquatic rehabilitation include:
- Improves posture, alignment & stability
- Improves muscle, strength and endurance
- Increased range of motion & flexibility
- Improves balance and coordination
- Reduces joint stress
- Improves power, speed and agility
- Reduces pain & muscle spasm
Commonly treated conditions includes:
- Total Joint Replacement
- Spinal Conditions
- Athletic Injuries
- Balance Disorders
- Various Neurological Disorders